FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control. FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC. With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.Overview
Join FMC’s world-class research & development organization, Global Development Biology in transforming the agricultural industry for crop protection products. We are looking for a purpose-focused, self-motivated, experienced leader and scientist who will be accountable for the design and implementation of biology and application technology programs to advance new assets to commercialization as well as for product support, renewal and stewardship of FMC products through asset life-cycle.Responsibilities
The Product Support and Renewal (PS&R) Technical Manager provides leadership to a team of scientists that design, conduct and report on studies to characterize technical attributes of new technologies, as well as support commercial activities for existing commercial products and technologies. The PS&R Manager will direct programs and manage laboratories conducting laboratory, greenhouse and field development and support work on Fungicides, Herbicides, Insecticides, Nematicides and Application Technology, as well as network with regional PS&R laboratories globally to achieve FMC’s business goals safely.
The successful candidate is a key member of Global Biology Development organization. He/She will work closely with interdependent functions on project teams (such as Global Technology Management, Marketing, Formulations, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Patents, Field Development, Legal and Business Development) and other key stakeholders to use his/her in-depth scientific and technical knowledge to ensure successful commercialization of new technologies and continued commercialization of existing assets.
Specific Job Functions:
- Champion and ensure a safe, compliant and ethical operations and infrastructure
- Lead and develop a strong team of scientists who conduct biological studies to characterize the activity of new active ingredients, formulations and technologies, support commercial activities and provide technical expertise to the organization
- Lead and integrate a team of application technology experts to the same goals
- Ensure highest quality and effectiveness of technical programs, protocols and outputs of team
- Work with stakeholders across the organization and Director to ensure clarity of program objectives, identify innovative approaches, sets priorities and appropriately allocate resources
- Drive organizational effectiveness by developing long range plans to develop, validate and incorporate innovative standard operating procedures for laboratory and greenhouse testing, aligning, where appropriate, with Discovery Biology processes and protocols
- Network with other PS&R regional laboratories as well as other functional groups within the organization to advance FMC’s business goals and support priority assets
- Integrate and optimize information management strategies and tools for PS&R team in close collaboration with Data Management team
- Monitor and report on status of global field programs, ensuring timely initiation and completion of study programs with regional teams
PhD in biological or agricultural discipline and 10+ years of technical experience on product(s) or research and development managementQualifications
- Experience in laboratory, greenhouse and field R&D
- Expert knowledge of agricultural research from laboratory and greenhouse to field development and commercialization
- Track record of scientific achievement in an area of applied agricultural biology
- Experience in scientific leadership experience, influencing through others and taking the initiative to deliver high quality results
- Familiar with knowledge management processes and database programs
- Strong focus on laboratory and field safety and regulatory compliance
- Knowledge of current agronomy practices and product application on a global basis.
- Expert ability to design and validate bio-assay systems and experiments to characterize and optimize new active ingredients, formulations and technologies through commercialization
- Familiar with farm machinery and application technology and uses, and different agrochemical application methods, up-coming new technologies
- Experience in technical support of existing products
- Working knowledge of competitive products and technologies in the agricultural sector.
- Strong track record of delivering on-time, quality results in a matrix organization
- Practical understanding of the agricultural market place
- Experience working with sales and marketing organizations
- Experience in creating and fostering an environment that engenders teamwork and innovation
- Experience in driving accountability in an organization
- Experience in fostering knowledge sharing/transfer for a diverse group
- Product Technical Management and Product Development experience in developing products in the agricultural sector desirable
- Long term view with ability to create and drive elements of change, when appropriate
- Outstanding organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working outside of the USA a plus
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.