We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral research associate specialized in plant genetics and defense signaling to join the existing plant stress biology program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for study, design, completion, and analysis plant defense/signaling pathways
- Responsible for preparing manuscripts for publication and conferences, writing grant proposals and project reports
- May train and mentor junior lab personnel
- Perform other duties that may be assigned
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions.
- Ph.D. in plant pathology, biology, genetics or closely related field.
- Required: Experience with plant microbe interactions and immune signaling concepts
- Record of high-impact publications in plant biology/microbe interactions
- Preferred: Familiarity with NGS/omics data analysis and interpretation
Required Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge with latest molecular biology, genetic, genomic and biochemical techniques
- Knowledge with plant/crop transformation
- Strong writing, verbal and interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to multi task and work cooperatively with others
- Work independently as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Cover Letter
- CV or Resume
- List of References
Submit application materials at: