FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow the world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.Overview
FMC is seeking a highly motivated and experienced statistician to join their high-energy team, located at FMC Stine Research Center, Newark, DE USA. This collaborative team uses their statistical, data and quality management expertise to enhance the quality of technical decisions. They support efforts across all stages of research and development, which includes discovery, development, registration, and post-marketing projects.Responsibilities
- Provide experimental design guidance and statistical analyses to allow experimenters to generate and extract the most relevant information for their investment.
- Adapt or develop experimental design and data analysis methods and tools to solve problems of clients whose technical expertise is in diverse fields, such as biology, chemistry, environmental fate or product development.
- Engage effectively with cross-functional teams (some geographically dispersed), representing statistical competency.
- Present and design both formal and informal training to scientific colleagues on best practices of experimental design, measurement systems, data analysis, and use of statistical software, including written materials and seminars.
- Produce and / or update macros and applications to perform common reports and analyses for use by statisticians and other scientists.
- Identify areas where statistics and data analysis could be utilized to increase business performance.
- Keep current in relevant statistical analysis and experimental design methodologies; evaluate new methodologies and make recommendations accordingly.
This position may involve supervision of one or more associate scientists or interns.Required Education
PhD in Statistics or Applied Statistics, with 3 – 5 years of experience; or an MS in Statistics with 5 – 10 years of experience.Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years of experience in applied statistical methods, with expertise in mixed models, generalized linear mixed models and experimental design. Experience in applying statistical methods to agriculture or other biological systems is preferred.
- Experience adapting existing statistical analysis methods or developing new analysis methods to address technical problems.
- Expertise in statistical programming (SAS®), R programming and ability to access data from relational databases and spreadsheets (Excel®, Oracle®). VB and/or VBA programming is desirable but not essential.
- Project management expertise and experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with scientists and other statisticians.
- Experience in adapting and being flexible to meet the changing and sometimes competing needs of a dynamic organization.
- Experience in delivering results against challenging deadlines.
- Experience tailoring communication appropriately to different audiences; e.g., explaining complex statistical concepts to non-statisticians in concise, understandable terms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.