For full vacancy announcement and to apply for this position, go to https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/13131.
Tenure Track position in the Department of Plant Sciences and Plant Pathology at Montana State University. The Department seeks an individual who will: a) Develop an outstanding extension education program covering disease management strategies for row crops. The extension education program should be supportive of county agents and address needs of growers, agricultural professionals, agribusiness, trade associations, and the various commodity groups associated with crop responsibilities; b) Develop an applied research program that is innovative and relevant to stakeholder needs and extension responsibilities; and c) Participate in the state Integrated Pest Management program.
1. Doctor of Philosophy degree in Plant Pathology or closely related field.
2. A record of peer reviewed publications.
1. Extension, research, and instructional experience in plant disease management.
2. Ability to produce and assimilate research-based information for pest management recommendations.
4. Evidence of productive interactions with industry, agencies, and academic groups.
5. Evidence of participation in externally funded collaborative extension and/or research activities.
6. Ability to develop innovative programs leading to increased County Extension Agent capacity in plant disease management.
7. Evidence of potential for successful mentoring of graduate students.
8. Experience in crop production systems.
The Successful Candidate Will:
Have demonstrated interest in outreach activities.
Be a dynamic extension educator and scientist who will (i) help MSU continue to provide outstanding extension, research, teaching, and service; (ii) have strong interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate successfully with extension and research scientists and educators from MSU’s Extension and MAES faculty, and effectively interface with growers, stakeholders, and students; (iii) have excellent written and oral communications skills; and (iv) work cooperatively with people of diverse backgrounds.
Screening of applications
Screening of applications will begin on ; however, applications will continue to be accepted until an adequate applicant pool has been established.
For Questions regarding this position contact: